The Coleman Corridor
The Coleman Corridor represents of cluster of neighborhoods located at the foot of The Cooper River Bridge in the town of Mt. Pleasant, SC. These family-friendly neighborhoods in Charleston are highly desirable in the area and offer a wonderful environment to settle down in and call home. And being zoned to one of the best public school systems in South Carolina, it is no wonder that families of all ages want to live in this charming stretch of Coleman Blvd, convenient to EVERYTHING – downtown Charleston, beaches, shopping, restaurants, parks and more – the Low Country has to offer. Contact Robertson Allen, The Cassina Group’s owner/broker (and resident of The Coleman Corridor) for more information about purchasing real estate in this prime area of Mt. Pleasant, SC.
- The Old Village – A waterfront neighborhood, The Old Village is one of the areas most coveted neighborhoods for families, retirees and young professionals. Offering true community, the neighborhood is home to famous Pitt Street, a walkable street with a historic pharmacy, restaurants and knick-knack shops. With historic roots dating back to the late 1800’s, this thriving neighborhood has it all. Read more about the Old Village here.
- Old Mt. Pleasant – Old Mt. Pleasant is an adjacent neighborhood to The Old Village and offers all the amenities and convenience of The Old Village without the Old Village price tag. Old Mt. Pleasant is largely comprised of smaller cottages and ranch homes that families and young professionals are looking for. Many Old Mt. Pleasant properties are great starter homes. View all Old Mt. Pleasant real estate
- Old Village Landing – A development within the boundary of The Old Village, homes in this subsection range from properties built in the 1980’s to new construction homes overlooking the harbor. Families flock to Old Village Landing because it is just a SHORT walk to Mt. Pleasant Academy, the public elementary school which boasts a Blue Ribbon Award for Excellence. View all Old Village Landing real estate
- Cooper Estates – Situated in the heart of Mt. Pleasant’s historic district, Cooper Estates is filled with natural beauty and modern convenience. It is centrally located just off Coleman Blvd and is bordered on one side by beautiful Shem Creek. Established in the 1950’s, Cooper Estates real estate offers many renovated, brick ranch homes – built to last. Amenities in Cooper Estates include membership to Cooper Estates Civic Club and a boat landing. View all Cooper Estates homes for sale.
- Bay View Acres – Nestled at the foot of The Cooper River Bridge, Bay View Acres is a perfect neighborhood if you enjoy walking, running or biking. From your front door of anywhere in the neighborhood, you can easily access all that the famous Cooper River Bridge has to offer. Riding through Bay View Acres, you’ll notice charming cottages and ranch style homes with great curb appeal. Perfect for a young family or couple settling down into life in Mt. Pleasant. The community also offers a boat landing and play park.
- The Groves – Five minutes to downtown Charleston and about the same from Sullivans Island, this great neighborhood is tucked into the Coleman Corridor with all the amazing Mt. Pleasant amenities surrounding it. Filled with traditional homes on many 1/2 acre lots, the natural atmosphere is peaceful to say the least. The name of the neighborhood hails from the grand Oaks and Pine trees lining the streets. Read more about The Groves.
- Shemwood – Shemwood is one of Mt. Pleasant’s first neighborhoods. A few properties overlook Shem Creek and lot sizes range from 1/4 of an acre to a 1/2 acre. The most common type of property in this well located neighborhood is the classic brick ranch and many have been purchased and renovated over the past few years. View all homes for sale in Shemwood.