One of the more frequently asked questions during the buying process (especially from those new to the area) is a simple one…”Where are the best places to buy groceries?” There’s certainly no shortage of options in Charleston. While we love Harris Teeter (there’s one on the peninsula, in Mount Pleasant, and in West Ashley), we rounded up a few specialty spots that we know you will love.
1) Whole Foods: 923 Houston Northcutt Boulevard, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina 29464
Whole Foods is great for all grocery shopping needs. You’ll find natural and organic products to fill your fridge and pantry, as well as prepared foods. From fresh breads, to pizzas, to an extensive salad bar, to sweet treats – there’s even a build your own sandwich station, sushi station, and growler station.
2) Earth Fare in West Ashley: 74 Folly Rd Boulevard, Charleston, South Carolina 29407
Conveniently located on Folly Road, Earth Fare also provides all grocery needs and prepared food options. Stop by during your lunch break and leave satisfied!
3) Trader Joe’s: 401 Johnnie Dodds Boulevard, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina 29464
Trader Joe’s is a town favorite – a neighborhood grocery store with a great price point. We love the cookie butter of course, but the frozen dinners are great to have on hand!
4) Caviar & Bananas: 51 George St, Charleston, South Carolina 29401
Caviar and Bananas stocks some of our favorite local items (like Red Clay Hot Sauce and Bulls Bay Sea Salt) as well as wines and cocktail mixers, coffees, and specialty olive oils and seasonings. The have a sandwich, sushi, salad, and prepared food station. You have to try the kale salad!
5) Bull Street Gourmet: 120 King Street, Charleston, South Carolina 29401 and 441 Meeting Street, Suite E, Charleston, South Carolina 29403
Bull Street Gourmet also serves a delicious breakfast, lunch, and dinner. From sandwiches to soups to bagels. They also sell some fresh local produce, have a great wine and beer selection, and gourmet food items.
6) Southern Season: 730 Coleman Boulevard, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina 29464
Southern Season is a one-stop shop for gourmet foods and kitchen tools. Their shelves hold specialty food products, chocolate and candy, wine & beer, coffee & tea, prepared foods, kitchen tools, home items, gifts and much more. Also a part of Southern Season are a cooking demonstration area and full-service restaurant, Southerly.