If you’re looking for a pristine Isle of Palms getaway that is footsteps from the beach, you may have found your match at 9 45th Avenue. Located just a short block from the Atlantic, you can enjoy days at the beach or afternoons spent exploring the surrounding waterways. Sullivans Island is just a short drive from the home as is Wild Dunes Resort, which offers pristine golf courses and tennis facilities. Downtown Charleston, with world class restaurants and historical sites, is just a short 30 minute drive so you can easily pop into the city for dinner and a show.
The elevated home at 9 45th Avenue, designed by architect Stephen Herlong, capitalizes on an inverted floor plan filled with high-end finishes and outdoor living spaces. An expansive front porch overlooks the yard, which has been landscaped with low-maintenance, lush, tropical vegetation to evoke the island vibe. The first floor has an open floor plan with large living areas and four bedrooms. Highlights of the living space include:
- An open concept with a living room and sitting area
- Gleaming hardwood floors
- Detailed trim including crown molding and beautiful columns
- A built-in wet bar with a sink and cabinets for storage
- A spiral staircase to the second floor with exposed wrought-iron posts
The four guest bedrooms are well-sized and all but one has an en suite bath. Large closets, hardwood floors and high-end bathroom finishes such as tile flooring and upgraded fixtures are found in all of the rooms. A covered porch extends from the living space and overlooks the verdant yard.
The second floor of the home houses the main living spaces–with large rooms for entertaining and a private master suite. Rooms include:
- A stunning eat-in kitchen with elegant finishes including granite counters, custom cabinets, high-end appliances, a vaulted ceiling and a large center island with seating
- A formal dining room with large windows and a bar area with a wet bar, mini-fridge and microwave
- A spacious family room with vaulted ceilings, custom wood-detailing, surround sound, a fireplace, built-in bookshelves and a large wall of windows
The master suite is tucked in a private wing, separated from the kitchen by a private hall. Vaulted ceilings, abundant natural light, detailed moldings and access to the covered porch are some of the defining characteristics of the bedroom. A large walk-in closet, with custom storage, and an en suite bath with dual vanities and elegant, custom finishes are other selling points.
A second covered porch, with views of the yard, extends from the sitting area and master suite with a spiral staircase leading up to the rooftop deck where you can catch glimpses of the water. Since the home is elevated, there is also a large covered area on the ground floor with multiple garage bays, ample room for storage and a half bath. An elevator also provides easy access into the home.