When one envisions the Lowcountry, images of tidal creeks and marsh views come to mind. Our exclusive listing at 2128 Rookery Lane offers these phenomenal vistas with an elegant and upscale home to match.
The 3,000 square foot, elevated home is located in West Ashley on a tidal creek that eventually leads to the Stono River. Upon entering, your eye will immediately be drawn to the soaring 16 foot ceilings and large windows overlooking the marsh. The open floor plan encompases a formal dining area, an expansive great room and a chef’s kitchen. It was designed to make the most of its waterfront location with views from nearly every room. Other highlights of these spaces include:
- Granite counters, custom cabinets, breakfast bar and stainless steel appliances in the kitchen
- A wet bar with undermount lighting, glass front cabinets, a bar sink & icemaker
- Floor to ceiling windows in the great room and kitchen with access to the back deck
- A casual dining area in additional to the formal dining room
- Skylights, a gas fireplace and built-in bookshelves in the great room
- Teak hardwood floors throughout
Opposite the living spaces is the master bedroom–one of four bedrooms in the home. The light filled room has tall ceilings with skylights and access through glass doors to the screened porch off of the back deck where you can watch egrets, blue heron and other coastal birds. The ensuite bathroom has been updated and now boasts a contemporary finish with tile flooring, a large dual vanity with granite counters, a jetted tub and a separate double-head shower with a frameless glass door. The other three bedrooms are well-sized and have hardwood flooring as well as in-room full baths which have been updated in a similar style to the master with tile flooring, contemporary vanities and tiled tub/showers. Since the home is elevated, there is also a fully enclosed garage on the ground floor which is being used as a garage and workshop.
For more information or to take in the views yourself, contact listing agent Jason Odgen.