If you’re looking for a waterfront home (with the added bonus of NOT being in a flood zone), take a look at John Barnwell’s new listing at 1039 Bulow Point Road. Located in rural West Ashley, you are only a short 20 minute drive from downtown Charleston so you can enjoy the peace and privacy of home while still being close to world-renowned restaurants, shopping and historic sites.
The 3,000+ square foot home sits on a large 2.82 acre lot so there is plenty of room for a yard. The home is surrounded by trees and there are also many palmetto trees to give you the true Lowcountry feel. Some of the best features of the home are its many outdoor living spaces which include:
- A full front porch with ceiling fans to make spending time outside more enjoyable in the summer months
- A wrap-around back porch overlooking the backyard with great views of the water
- A large dock with a covered pier head and built-in seating plus a smaller floating dock and 7,000 lb boat lift
The interior of the home was designed to make the most of the waterfront views with the great room, kitchen and master bedroom all overlooking the creek. The downstairs has an incredibly open floor plan with high-end finishes such as hardwood flooring, granite counters, built-in bookshelves and more! Highlighted rooms include:
- Great Room: Crack open the multiple sets of French doors and let the cool waterfront breezes filter into the home! Gleaming hardwood floors, built-in bookshelves and a gas burning fireplace lend a sense of elegance to this cozy space.
- Kitchen: Opening from the great room is the top-of-the-line kitchen. Granite counters, hickory cabinets, stainless steel appliances and a center island with gas burners are some of the features you will immediately notice. There is also a sizeable dining area for casual family meals.
- Formal Dining Room: For more formal family meals, there is a separate dining room. It is adjacent to the kitchen and also overlooks the front porch.
- Library: At the front of the home is a small reading room. Built-in bookshelves and a gas burning fireplace make this a warm and welcoming space.
The master bedroom is located downstairs. A light-filled bedroom has access to the back porch and there is also a walk-in closet, sewing room and an en suite master bathroom with contemporary fixtures, dual sinks, marble topped vanities, a jetted tub and a tiled shower. Three additional bedrooms are located upstairs as well as a large landing which can be used as an additional office or seating area.