875 Ashley Ave for Sale in Wagener Terrace
*875 Ashley Ave, Charleston, SC 29403 is no longer on the market or has been removed from the MLS.*
See All Wagener Terrace Listings
This gorgeous downtown Charleston home is located at 875 Ashley Ave in the heart of Wagener Terrace. Its prime location on the Charleston peninsula puts almost everything within walking or biking distance. Take the kids to Corrine Jones Playground, enjoy a picnic at Hampton Park or catch a minor league baseball game at Joe P. Riley Stadium. Famous Charleston historic sites, museums, shops and restaurants are also just a short bike ride away!
The 1,700+ square foot house was built in the 1940’s but it has been extensively renovated. New electrical, plumbing and central heating and air were all installed in 2009, and exterior updates include super-packed insulation for low electric bills, a new roof, new hardiplank siding and double-insulated windows. The owner of the home is an architectural interior designer (Lauren Sanchez Design) so every room in the home has been thoughtfully designed to make the most of the space. Highlighted rooms include:
- Formal Living Room—bright and airy space with multiple windows and built-in bookshelves
- Formal Dining Room—with custom wainscoting, thick crown molding and a modern light fixture
- Kitchen—TOP OF THE LINE! Stainless steel appliances, custom cabinets, granite counters, porcelain farm sink and great natural light
- Family Room—a spacious room with cathedral vaulted ceilings and a wall of windows which was added as part of the home’s addition in 2009. It also has access to the screened-in porch.
- Master Bedroom—also added onto the home in 2009. Large bedroom area with a tray ceiling, modern bathroom and massive walk-in closet.
- Bedrooms—The home has two additional defined bedrooms which make for great kids’ rooms or guest rooms.
- Office/Fourth Bedroom—Located in the front of the home, this flex space is currently being used as an office but it could double as a fourth bedroom.
The home sits on a large lot and has a fenced-in backyard. The fully screened in porch was also added as part of the renovation and has colorful cathedral vaulted ceilings as well as a ceiling fan. There is also a quaint shed in the backyard which has gained local notoriety as it has been photographed in many local publications.
For more information on this fabulous home, contact Carter Rowson of The Cassina Group.