Spacious Downtown Home in the Heart of Wagener Terrace
*238 Gordon Street, Charleston, SC 29403 is no longer on the market or has been removed from the MLS.*
Welcome to 238 Gordon Street
238 Gordon Street is an updated, move-in-ready home located in the heart of downtown Charleston’s Wagener Terrace. Listed by The Cassina Group’s Carter Rowson, this home exudes curb appeal and has an interior that won’t disappoint.
The owners of the home have done a meticulous job of subtly modernizing the interior while not detracting from the home’s original features. New kitchen appliances, modern light fixtures, UV film on the windows, fresh interior paint in Charleston colors, and custom window treatments throughout the home are just some of the many noticeable updates. The home also has original hardwood floors, thick baseboards and crown molding throughout the downstairs level.
238 Gordon Street has an open, airy feel—with one room leading into the next. The 4 bedroom floor plan (with 2 bedrooms upstairs and 2 bedrooms downstairs) gives you plenty of room for a family or for out-of-town guests.
In addition to the bedrooms, there is also a lot of common space to enjoy. Some of the highlighted rooms include:
- A large living room with a fireplace and bright windows
- A formal dining room off the foyer with a modern chandelier, thick baseboards and access to the kitchen, foyer and library
- A play room off the living room—perfect for children’s toys or an extra TV viewing area
- A rich wood-paneled library, separated from the dining room by an elegant French door
- An open kitchen with stainless steel appliances, tile floor and plenty of cabinet space
- Wide hallways, lots of natural light and interesting architectural details such as arched doorways
The home’s exterior is also a true selling point. The front yard is perfectly manicured with green grass, colorful flower beds and native trees—all planted with approval from the Charleston Horticulture Society. The spacious backyard is a rare find in a downtown Charleston home and echoes the feel of the front yard with beautifully maintained beds and green grass. If this isn’t enough, there is even a generous side yard which is currently being used as a garden! The backyard also has a wide deck (with a built in bench) and a wooden patio which is a perfect for an outdoor dining set.
This home is a MUST-SEE that is priced to sell. For more information on this Wagener Terrace home for sale, be sure to visit The Cassina Group’s website or contact listing agent Carter Rowson to schedule a showing!