1224 Ravenel Drive: Updated Home Near West Ashley’s Avondale
Located near West Ashley’s Avondale neighborhood is 1224 Ravenel Drive. Walk to Triangle or other neighborhood hot spots for dinner or venture across Savannah Highway for an evening bike ride along the West Ashley Greenway. This home has been completely renovated from the bottom up and is in move-in ready condition!
The quiet, tree-lined street is in the established West Ashley neighborhood of West Oak Forest. A low-maintenance front yard has a brick path leading to the statement red front door. Inside, you will love the open floor plan! A large living space has a built-in bookshelf and adjoins the dining area and the open, updated kitchen. Three large spacious bedrooms and a full complete the interior and there is also a large den with French doors to the outdoor dining patio.
The home was originally updated in 2009. A family friend of the owner has lived in the home since and has kept it in immaculate condition. Major exterior updates comprise of a new roof and a reclaimed backyard with a small dining patio. Additional updates include:
- An Open Kitchen: This space has been completely updated with new cabinetry, GE stainless steel appliances, a new garbage disposal, granite counters, tile back splash and under cabinetry lighting.
- Plumbing & Electrical: The entire home has revamped and upgraded plumbing and electrical and new lighting fixtures have been installed inside and out.
- Energy Efficiency: In an effort to keep the energy expenses of the home low, the owners have installed upgraded insulation, new Low E windows throughout the home and a new HVAC system.
- Flooring: One of the most appealing features of this home is its beautiful hardwood floors. These original floors have been restored and ceramic tile flooring was installed in the kitchen, utility room and den.
- Laundry Room: Laundry is never anyone’s favorite thing to do, but the chore is made more pleasant in the large laundry room which has ceramic tile floors, a new washer and dryer and a laundry folding station with built-in storage.
This is a great opportunity to own a home that is fully renovated and less than ten minutes from historic downtown Charleston. For more information or to schedule a showing, please contact listing agent Dewey Golub!